Plaid Cymru Gwynedd Councilor for Dolgellau South Ward, Linda Morgan, answers our Councillor in the Spotlight questions this month. Let's learn a little more about Linda and her work...
- Name: Linda Morgan
- Age: 66
- Where were you born: Dolgellau, I’m Dolgellau through and through
- Where do you now live: Y Lawnt, Dolgellau
- Do you have a family: I have two sons and two grandsons. Both my boys are carpenters, and they have their own businesses, here in Dolgellau.
- What do you love about being a Councillor: Helping people out, supporting people with their issues and working with them to resolve them. I’ve been shielding during lockdown due to medical grounds, but I’ve still been able to support people on the phone, on social media and if anyone calls to the door. Technology has been a tremendous help to us all, especially as I’ve been able to promote local businesses and town shops during this pandemic. Our local businesses are going to need us more than ever, once we come out of lockdown.
- What do you hate about being a Councillor: Not succeeding
- What is your happiest childhood memory: Going to Butlins on the annual church Sunday school trip. We always went on the train, it was a huge treat, being amongst friends and family, and enjoying ourselves.
- What is you greatest fear: Heights. I remember taking the children to Harlech Castle when they were young and them running up the steps with me, on my knees behind them, holding on to them, as they peered down through the window gap below. I was petrified of the height, and couldn’t stand up due to fear!
- Who is your hero / heroine? A 105 year old local lady, who first asked me, around 35 years ago to join the Ysbyty Dolgellau League of Friends committee. She is Mrs Anne Jones, who now lives at Cefn Rodyn Home. I was the youngest member of the committee at the time and have since become chair myself. We have successfully raised thousands of pounds for the hospital over the years. And becoming a member of that first committee, probably help to raise my confidence into standing as a Town Councillor and then progressing to stand as a County Councillor for Dolgellau. Mrs Jones is a very inspirational lady.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withSign in with Facebook Sign in with Twitter